Tuesday, September 20, 2011

For all you Musicians out there

LaaaLaaaaaaaaLAAAAAAAA!
Yup, that's about all the musical talent I have. It's quite sad actually but I'm pretty sure my musical talent is decreasing as I get older. Not that I was ever the next Beethoven or Mozart...but I was decent on the piano and the trumpet. And now....well, I just stay away from all things musical!
.....With the exception of cupcakes of course. :)


Now just for the record, I think I spent more time googling what each instrument looks like than I did actually making them! I am 100% "type A" personality!

I just used marshmallow fondant....and colored it accordingly. Oh, well we're on this topic I shall ask for some advice! I used black Wilton gel color for the black and it ended up tasting really gross. I had to use a fair amount in order to actually make the fondant black not gray...Any suggestions for achieving a black without getting the food coloring taste?


At least there were only small amounts of the black so they cupcakes still tasted good!
Well.....that's all the time I have for today, folks. I shall now go drink tea and sit in my hot tub!
Happy Rainy Day to You!
-Sydney <3

Ps. Tomorrow I'll post my recipe for no-fail Chocolate Cake! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment